Utility Star software is compatible with many different 3rd party software applications. To enhance the value of your Utility Star billing platform, Able Software can use import/export information interfaces to communicate electronically with your other software programs. Utility Star can communicate with various programs such as:
- Meter Reading & Route Management Software Systems
- Accounting & Financial Software Systems
- Payment Processing Software Systems
- Inventory Management Software Systems
- GIS Software Systems
One example of this process is working with 3rd party bill payment processing systems.
Utility Star users can easily import or export data by utilizing a standardized information format that connects both systems. In this scenario, Utility Star generates a customer information file to update the 3rd party processor’s system database so it updates customer account balances based on the actual account number. Utility Star also receives a payment file from the 3rd party processing system so the database is also updated with the latest customer payment information.
Utility Star should be updated to the latest version to ensure all current 3rd party software interface are supported.
To set up Utility Star with a 3rd party processing system, please follow these steps:
1. Log in USP, Company -> Rule Management, Category-> ‘Payment’, Company -> ‘find and select the proper company name, as desired’.
2. For the Customer Information export file: Company -> Payment -> Customer Information, Set up your “Company” and “Cycle”, and select the path on where the file will be exported.
3. For the Payment Import file: Company -> Payment -> Import Payment, set up Batch Number, etc., and finish import. If there are accounts or other data imported from “the 3rd party processor” does not currently exist in Utility Star, a notification will pop up.
Please contact Able Software for more information about Utility Star products